new background

Monday, February 7, 2011

Alaska: week 3

Ok, I am going to be honest: I am really, and honestly, starting to warm up to Alaska. It's really a beautiful state and we are really enjoying time with one another. We have met a lot more people as well and I look forward to getting to know the girls I met at our Superbowl party the other night. They are really sweet-- and I am so thankful God has given us such a great place to live :)

And here is an outside picture of where we live right now:


Oh! And the eagle feeding: I forgot to post this last blog!

YouTube Video

The driving is still crazy here...


Check out the snow on our hood!! Yikes!


And, as you will come to find out, this week has consisted of house hunting...


Tons of house hunting!! We called 3 pages of realtors here and checked out just a little more than 39 available rentals... Talk about stress. Who knew!!


We did, however, take a break to go cross country skiing on the golf course. It was a lot of fun! And tiring.


Eli has not begun to get bored of this place. He still loves Alaska's snow!!!


Here is Andrew and Eli playing in the snow!





And yes, my lovely husband is taking FULL advantage of the expectant mother parking at the hospital! Haha!


... Having those yummy cravings that goes with this season too: like Mac and Cheese!!! I am almost sure I am going to have a boy now ;)


In honor of my little brother's birthday, I made a pumpkin spice beer cake with cream cheese frosting. It was AMAZING!! Ty, I wish you could have had some, but happy 20th anyways!!


And lastly, we saw a moose!! Yes, we literally opened the door to our temporary living home... And low and behold, a moose and her baby trotted by! Too cool :)

YouTube Video

Andrew ran to the car before she got really close...

YouTube Video

And here is the "hardcore" key to our new home!


Yes, we finally found a rental! We are looking forward to feathering our lovely nest here soon :)

Pictures to come! :)

Blessings! Xoxoxo

'With songs of joy I speak of Thee, for I know not how to cease',

Kati Thornbury

-- Jeremiah 20:9--

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kati!
    Thank you VERY much for the Valentine card and candies you sent us all. That was very thoughtful:)
    I have enjoyed reading your blog. I love your cozy little cottage, but I think my favortie picture is of Eli and his friend.
    Hope all is well!Praying for you:)

    ReplyDelete