new background

Sunday, April 24, 2011

The 31 Day challenge

Happy ACTUAL Easter day!

I hope your day has been encouraging as you celebrate our freedom in Christ!

And yes….. my blog is going through an OBVIOUS identity crisis! HA!

However, I am going to stop piddling around and leave it like this for a while (love it or not). I have other things I need to devote my time instead of my blog look—how superficial!! ;)

“Look carefully to how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.” Ephesians 5:15-16

That is what I intend to do—starting this week! I have talked about evaluating my life to see how this will later affect the way I parent or even TEACH my children by the example I set, but it is time to get to work! Yet the main question remains: where to start??

First, an observation of myself:

* I work around the house a lot, and I get fussy when things look out of sorts/unclean.

* Though I have a good work ethic, I am a very poor endurance runner without someone/something keeping me accountable.

* My time management skills are not very good (even though I plan a lot!).

* I am a sucker for trends—not fashionably speaking (and those who know how I dress can testify truth to that statement!), but organizational/diets/exercise/etc.

* Very ADD with a special touch of perfectionism, based on a visionary goal (which is most of the time is very unrealistic!).

There is the first part… And it looks as if I need a lot of help! ... HELP!!

And praise the Lord! I think I found something to motivate/help: How about a challenge in the form of a devotional? I LOVE IT!


For the next 31 days, I will be taking the challenge. I found a book called 31 days to Clean: Having a Mary house in a Mary way” by Sarah Mae. Here is a description of what it is about:

“31 Days to Clean is about the “why” and the vision and the heart for taking care of our domains. Each day I encourage you with some thoughts and ideas, and then we put those ideas to action.

After each days reading, you will be given two challenges:

• The Mary Challenge -Something you do that encourages/engages your heart

• The Martha Challenge – Specific cleaning tasks”

–a book summary 

There is a group challenge taking place on a blog called “Joyful Mothering” and on Twitter (I will probably review the chapters during the challenge, but since I probably won’t be able to go the full 31 days in May, due to deployments and traveling, I am going to start tomorrow).

I really do look forward to what I will learn about my life in these next 31 days and how to use my days to God’s joy rather my own petty, unidirectional attempts! I know it will serve not only my own soul, but my husbands, the relationships around me and my soon-to-be little girl. What a motivation!

Pray for me to endure this challenge (I will be blogging a bit more just to keep myself focused since I don’t have my wonderful hubbie around for the time being).

Speaking of clean, time to go clean my dirty puppy....


... Sigh....



..But gotta love him, huh?

 
Until tomorrow,


Blessings!





No comments:

Post a Comment