new background

Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 11 & 12: Limitations and Imperfection

I would start with an apology for not writing yesterday, but since yesterday’s challenge was on limitations, I realized I had reached mine far before I had even gotten to my daily blogging (I have indeed written the current blog this morning, the 6th, but I wanted to include some pictures on today’s post before I published it!)




Actually, I did my devotion while I was at the gym yesterday morning because we ended up leaving Andrew’s car on base the previous night. This motivated us both to get up and workout since we would both be on base early, and I needed to do that too! Thus, by the time I got home, I was already in my productivity mode of trying to get certain things done before Andrew arrived, leaving no time to write.


I can tell you, however, what I learned and what we are going to be challenged to do today: Know your limitations (life is hard) and realize we all have something in common-- imperfection.


Sarah Mae encourages us in our different stages to do just do something and not to try to do everything! Realize you are human: you are in need of a God who gives us strength to do what you must and abundant grace when you can’t do any more.

"9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." --2 Corinthians 12:9


Imperfection is another topic she covers for today’s challenge.


I am an admitting certifiable wannabe perfectionist. However, I never do anything perfect, so why do I think any perfection will be in the result??


“When you aim for perfection, you discover it’s a moving target.”—George Fisher

I really like this quote! Isn’t that so true? I didn’t have very good accuracy in the first place… soooo why do I expect things to change overnight?


The only person I know who was alone perfect is Jesus (Hebrew 10:14). He extends that reputation to us so when God looks at us, He sees Jesus’ work. He gave us the freedom to let go of perfection! Jesus has done the work for us that we couldn’t do. All we are to do now is to glorify Him in the things we are doing, only doing our best to please Him. The result of aiming for perfection is really to exalt ourselves, not glorify God. That’s not what we were created for—so let’s be encouraged to do our best today but be ok with a little imperfect.


Lucky for us, I think imperfection is a trend now :)


This brings me to my projects- ha! I have officially finished two pieces, and need to complete the other two.

Here is the locker!!! Still need to add baskets to it....



Here is the Media Center (we are almost done with it-- now... its TV shopping time!)

PS: Happy Mother's Day!
 My latest and greatest dinning room bench!
 Our half stained kitchen desk... O man.....!!
AND ELI!
Well, I guess I here (Andrew wants to go enjoy the outdoors!). More tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

  1. O MY!!! I can't keep up with you!!! You are like "Elf"...what will be waiting in the living room tomorrow morning...a wooden rocking horse? Ha! Oops, I guess I shouldn't have given you any ideas ;)

    I'm enjoying all your posts, though I must admit, I am behind in reading all of them. We love you here at home and, of course, I LOVE your Mother's Day message!!! Very crafty!!!! Ha!

    Can't wait to give you a big hug in person! Give Andrew a big hug for us!!! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete