new background

Monday, May 23, 2011

A Weekend to Remember in Homer Alaska

Well, as I suspected, these days before deployment have left very little time for blogging. However, I can’t say we haven't had fun and made the best of them! Andrew and I decided to go for a brief getaway for a few days to a place called Homer, AK (which had little to no internet reception or you would have received these pictures earlier! Probably a blessing in disguise though...) It was a lot of fun. Very restful and relaxing for the two of us. Good food, good leisurely fun and great together time.
So while you are waiting for me to catch up on the devotional, I will let you see some pictures from our adventure this weekend:

Here was our drive out to Homer (on the turnagain arm)

First priority once we hit Homer: Ice Cream!
(Andrew's idea, I swear!)

... Though it was a bit chilly to be eating ice cream that day! Haha!


Right across this shore is our Bed and Breakfast 
We stayed in the Beach House Bed and Breakfast.
Our Room was the "Captains Quarters"!
RRRR!

Though I must admit it was rather pleasant :)

Here is our view from our window!

And here is the view from our bed... yummmmm! Let me just tell you:
It was very VERY hard to wait until the morning to indulge in this little treat!
Delicious Pumpkin Bread.

This is what Andrew saw as he sat in the chairs that you see in the above picture:

Gorgeous!
You cant really see him that well, but there is a beautiful bald eagle in the tree top there.

The beach:








Homer is a small town, but a really nice one at that. Very artsy.
  
Yes., that's right! In the harbor lies the Deadliest Catch's boat herself:
The Time Bandit.


And the infamous Batman boat! HA!
Duna duna duna duna... BATMAN!





On Sunday morning, we attempted to walk/run to town...
... It was a little much for me so we didn't quite make it.
But what a beautiful morning to attempt!


Yes, we rewarded ourselves royally at the Two Sister's Cafe-- Andrew got a Pecan Roll and I got a crazy good mocha with homemade whip and a chocolate roll (yes, I am a sucker for chocolate. What can I say?)
I am my father's child.



More pictures from our beach stroll:

Overall, we had a great time and really enjoyed just being together for these last couple of days.
It will be hard to say farewell after such a great time, but I will find my strength in the Lord and my hope in his return!
This is our last night together, so I am going to go help him cut his hair.
These things should not be left unattended ;)

I will go over the last couple of devotionals tomorrow as well.

--Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I request that we go to this sweet town when I visit...I must see the Batman boat and eat one of those chocolate thingys! :D that view is spectacular...must see....

    So much to do...so little time...

    I love u and Andrew (I'll even try to forgive him for the Italy part of his trip-ha!)
    Have fun out and about with your sweet puppy seeing all the beautiful sights...and drink a mocha for me, ok? :) IT'S AN ORDER :D..

    Mom XOXO

    ReplyDelete