new background

Monday, February 27, 2012

Good morning from Alaska!

You may or may not be able to see that large creature camouflaged in the snow there....


But it is a MOOSE!
A big bull moose at that!!!


My neighbor called to tell me it was in her backyard.. then another call to tell me it was almost on their porch!! AH!


He got so close because of an apple enticement
(KIRSTEN! Now they are going to tell their moose friends and before we know it, they will be camping OUT at your place... and MINE!)

Not that Eli minds it at all.... ;)



I think he has had enough of us....


There he goes...


Bye bye moose!

Luckily, we have something else to look forward to in the Thornbury household this morning....

Look what just came out of the oven: 

YUM!


And let me highly recommend this Mango Crisp. ITS SO GOOD!
(And totally healthy!)


Breakfast Mango Oat Crisp
Serves 1

(It was inspired by this recipe from SheKnows: Miso Vegan )

*1 Mango, diced
( you can choose to skin it-- I kept my skin on because I like it that way!)
* 1 Banana, sliced
* Lime juice, a squeeze or two
* Cinnamon, sprinkled
* Stevia, to your liking

For the Crumble:
* 1/4 c cooking oatmeal, uncooked
* 2 Tbs. flaxseed meal (or flour)
* Stevia, again to your liking
* * 1/8 (or less) c coconut oil, melted

Preheat your oven to 375 and spray pan you are using (I used a glass bread pan). Combine all the fruit together and set aside. Then combine all the dry ingredients together and pour on the oil, just enough to form a crumble (I added too much in mine). Put the fruit in the bowl and cover with the crumble topping. Bake uncovered for 17-20 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve with warm with milk, or nothing at all.

I obviously choose to do it without milk and it was DELICIOUS!
 

Enjoy!

Time to get to some organizing... ugh!

Blessings XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment