new background

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Rainy days, Fall Festivities and... rain!

There are some days I don't think it will ever stop raining.
It has been raining here for over a week.
Overcast, cloudy and rain shower.
Cooler temperatures with a damp lingering in the air.
 
But why am I not discouraged?
 
My Jesus.
 
In the last couple of weeks, the most wonderful season of being in love with Jesus has been in bloom in my heart. It seems that nothing, weather, emotions, feelings and the events/situations, have not been able to come between me and my relationship with Jesus.
 
"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor heights nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God"
 
--Romans 8:39--
 
It's a truth I have seen trumph all these situations which could have kept me from seeing His great love for me. One I definitely don't deserve. One I now cling to with all my heart.
 
I have used this joyous passion to fuel an ongoing fire of hope for my family as well.
To keep them from becoming too discouraged from all the rain, I have had to step outside my comfort zone and get a litte messy to have a little fun when you can't really do it outside.
 
Creativity in all forms are a gift from God.
That includes the great ideas from Pinterest as well... ;)
= Pudding painting.

 
Yes, it's exactly how it sounds: we colored vanilla pudding and painted on a large sheet of brown paper in the middle of our living room.
 
Was is messy?
Absolutely.
Was is worth it?
DEFINITELY worth the clean up.





I think Elyse had a pretty swell time ;)
 
 
We had a brief break in the clouds as a gift from God to enjoy the colors a little bit.
Eli was MADE for this season
(maybe that's why we like him so much.... haha, joke!)
 
(...but really)


On a windy Saturday, a friend and I took our girls to a Harvest festival.
Here are the pictures that... pretty much speak for themselves.
 
Enjoy!


 







Precious mama-baby girl picture!
 
Love it.


This was pretty much Elyse's reaction the whole trip [Sigh]
Can't win sometimes.
Oh well!
At least the rest of us had a good time!







 
Well, that's about all for now.
I will try to get more pictures out now that I have my computer and camera back!


Since it's hitting 12:30 here, I'm going to finish by saying: Let your joy rest in something unshakeable, and don't rely on the unreliable. Each day is a gift-- pray to see what that day's gift is...
 
Because God gave it to you.
Because you are worth it to Him.
Because he loves you that much.
Ps.118:23-24
 
Much love and blessings
-- <3 --="--" p="p">

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post!!!! Thanks for the reminder that Jesus really IS all we need in this life :)

    Your photos were precious..I especially liked the pumpkin patch photos with Lysey and her little friend Kate...I believe that was who that was. So adorable and so professional looking!!! You really are an artist with that camera of our my dear :)

    I love you all and miss you like CRAZY!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "camera of yours" .....it should read :/

      Delete