new background

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Well, not too much to report. Just been hanging in there, awaiting Andrew’s calls when he is able to make them and getting things organized in our home. However, I did have a good friend call me as I finished up washing our vehicles and straightening up our yard asking to go on a walk with the dogs to the river. What a great break! I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed just throwing a stick to the dogs, enjoying the sun, and talking.
Such an amazing way to break up a gorgeous day!



Andrew called while she was here so we said some quick goodbyes as I spoke to him before he departed for missions.
Today is day 7 of Andrew’s 72 days away, and it is almost the end of Memorial Day.


Memorial Day does not really seem very celebrative when someone you love is actually overseas, involved in a battle to support and equip our troops properly. Instead, it puts a more solemn and real meaning to the American holiday. So today I just kept doing what I do and prayed for his safety.

As I went throughout Memorial Day, I remembered what previous members gave, what current military services are giving (thank you!), what our friends and family members in the service are giving/gave and what my husband and I are giving today: he, his life to the service, and me, my service to his calling here in our home. Thus, I carry on in thankfulness as I remember both the ones who gave some and the some that gave all. Thank you, everyone who serves this country, and thank you to the families who have indeed felt the real weight of losing a loved one for the freedoms and safety we enjoy today.


You are not forgotten.


(Ps: new project I completed two days ago-- yey! We are dwindling down with just a few left to go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment