new background

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What a Wednesday....

Wow, what a Wednesday. It has been a busy one, but a beautiful one as well! I am glad I was able to enjoy a little bit of it :
 Currently, I am wrapping up the building projects. Getting out of the rhythm of building on a daily basis can really set you back in progress! O well… it’s been worth the pause.
I hope to get these suckers painted and ready for assembly by tomorrow! We will see...


Our farm house bed (will have a canopy addition soon):
Here is the Sawhouse changing table, the entryway bench, the entryway hanging shelf and part of the daybed... Phew! I need to wrap this hobby up:
its wearing me out just LOOKING at it!


This is day 1 of the 72 days that Andrew will be M.I.A. in our home. However, it has been really good to Facetime (got to LOVE new technology!) and talk to him about his trip. He got to visit some of our really good friends that are stationed in Delaware right now too. What fun! I am so thankful for friends that go out of their way really make us feel special—friends like that are a gift from God. So thank you Jake and Ash for being angels and coming to see Andrew! My turn next!! Haha!


Speaking of great friends, I had so many people text/call to check on me yesterday with Andrew’s departure. I am overwhelmed with everyone’s thoughtfulness and genuine care— thank you all! You are blessings from God!


Well, since we are finished with our series I decided I would go over the additional sections today that Sarah includes in the devotional about cleaning and hospitality. I will start with the hospitality chapter, and tomorrow, I will list the tips for keeping a clean home.


Want a clean house? Sarah says make a goal to entertain every weekend. And while you want to have a clean and sanitary place for them to come into, don’t sweat the big stuff. Instead, aim to just make it comfortable. People really desire that over an OVERCLEANED, elaborately decorated house.


Also, here are some tips to help encourage you in balancing a healthy hospitable home:


1. Organized: make it a habit at night for everyone to pick up their “stuff”; also, make a habit to clean the kitchen before bed as well.


2. Cleaning: Aim to do a chore a day (helps maintain a clean feel to the home).


3. Bathrooms: Always have one bathroom clean for people to use.


4. Ambience: Make sure you have one room where company can hang out and mingle; use a room you feel good about. Make it warm and cozy (use candles, blankets, pillows, pictures and fresh flowers to give it life!)


5. The Table: Know where your tablecloths, napkins, extra dishes, candles, etc are located. Make sure it is always ready for entertaining.


Hospitality should be authentic and make others feel welcome. It has nothing to do with the physical state of the home, but everything to do with making others feel cared for.


So there is your cleaning and hospitality encouragement!


My eyelids are currently in the process of closing, so I am going to move towards bed… even though it isn’t anywhere near dark outside (The above picture was taken at 10:00pm)

Oooooooo Alaska!

Blessings-- XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment