new background

Saturday, October 22, 2011

1 Month, 1 Week... 3 days!

Did I mention my very tried and true belief in Murphy’s Law when it comes to parenting/mommy-hood?
Yes, it’s a totally true concept that never seems to fail.
This is why I am posting Elyse’s 1 month, 1 week and 2 days picture—which, I might also add is wrong since today is days 3… {sigh}. O well! AT LEAST I AM GETTING SOMEWHERE WITH THIS!




Though I am not going to post a whole lot this evening (I will leave you with pictures of our trip to the pumpkin patch), I will post more next week about what’s going on in our lives :). But I will also leave you with a little encouraging message I read from Carolyn Mahaney, who writes on the Girl Talk Blog. I hope it encourages you to keep doing what you do, no matter how mundane, for the glory of God and knowing you really are making an eternal impact on your family in your very unglamorous job:
“I got out of bed each morning so that I could do everything I did the day before.
I washed the dishes so they could be dirtied again.
I ironed the clothes so they could be worn and wrinkled again
I wiped noses so they could run again.
I picked up toys so they could be played with again.
I mopped the floor so mud could be tracked on it again.
I cooked meals so that I could go to the grocery store again.
I made beds so they could be slept in again.”

Some days I wondered: if I do all I do, only to have it undone, am I really
doing anything?

Today, as I pack up my home in June of 2008, I can see the answer more
clearly than I did in February 1986. Each of my daughters is married to a
wonderful, godly man, Chad will be a sophomore in high school this fall,
and we’ll welcome our seventh grandchild at the end of August.

I realize that all of the mundane, repetitive days were actually full of
significant, enduring work. A home was being built. A family was being
knit together. Four souls were being shaped for eternity.

This home has spawned three more homes where the same tedious yet
momentous work goes on day in and day out. And God willing, many more
homes will one day be built, day by day, so “that in everything they may
adorn the doctrine of God our Savior” (Titus 2:9).”—Carolyn
Praise God there is a hope for our repetitiveness :)

And now, the pumpkin patch!


Starting with my 'moose'd loved friend, Lindsey ;)

SHE'S A MOOSE!!!!

Just love our Matt and Lindsey!


Cutie pie was the life of the party:



Our new friend (And neighbor) Kristin came along as well!



O Lindsey... we love you anyways ;)


It's so true:

...it was gross....

Check out these antlers!


My baby ;)



It's a moose!!


The patch (all the pumpkins are from WA though....)



The reindeer at the pumpkin patch:



We took a 'hay ride' as well.
Alaska has a bunch of funny definitions that isnt what it seems...
HA!



That's all folks!

2 comments:

  1. Baby smiles!!!!!! She is getting more precious by the SECOND!!!!

    Give her grandma kisses XOXOXOX!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have some great pictures of me in there! We had so much fun spending time with y'all. Love our Kati, Andrew and Elyse time, and getting to know Kristen!

    Yay for getting to watch baby Elyse grow!

    ReplyDelete