new background

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tis the season for crafts!

YUP!
I am the OFFICIAL Christmas elf for this season!!
I eat lots of sugar, drink lots of coffee, arise early, stay up late, listen to Christmas classics and DECORATE the WHOLE HOUSE with all sorts of Christmas cheer!!

Heck, I even have "Elf" ringtones for my phone
(that TOTALLY makes me official, right?)

Ok, most of my elfish qualities are due to the fact I have a very active baby that needs a lot of my attention during the daytime..thus, leaving me the night to get my day's list done)


To get you inspired like I have been this Christmas season, I have included some progress pictures and other people's ideas from my own little scrapbook of inspirations.

I have been collecting these since October as a result of the snow drafts that have not melted since the end of October.
Ohhhhhh Alaska!

Anyways, let's get started.

This is a Pottery Barn clip I loved.
Very classic and tradtionally Christmas with some creative touches to make it a bit unique:

Well, I am still working and tweaking it a bit to my liking, but here is what I have gotten so far from my inspiration:


Yes, I little far from the picture's resemblance, but its still a work in progress....

The one thing I loved in that picture was the ribbon they strung across the window.
Since our house is a bit dark, I wanted to add light to it.
Thus evolved the fabric scrap garland.
I basically took fabric scraps and tied them on the cord inbetween lights.
As simple as that.
But it looks incredible!
(And totally crafty ;) )


Although I have not exactly embarked on making one of these yet, here are my ideas for some advent calendars:





Love it!

Wreaths outside of the traditional greenerly has been becoming more popular....

Here are some that grabbed my eye:


Instead of the reindeer, I went with "JOY":



And more joy ;)

This wreath is a real time consumer but I am glad I got it done!


Yes, the flowers in this vase do not advertise this well
(they died right before I got a good shot of them)
For thanksgiving, I used a gourd as a flower vase.

FANTASTIC!


And very festive for our Thanksgiving spread.


This tree is advertised as an advent calendar (very cool idea), but I went a different route with it....


... and gave it fabric flowers, some berries and a jar full of intentional questions...
All on a tray!


The question jar is a lot of fun if you want to practice the art of conversation around your family table more often!


Oh, and here is the start of our tree's topper....


It is definitely missing something in its completion, but I am still trying to decide on some ideas for it.

Any suggestions from the following?

I am torn.

I love them all....










Oh, and I LOVED this knitted reindeer!!
(Isn't he just so CUTE??)


.. But since I couldn't find him, I went with my other favorite animal: penguins!!

(and these little guys go with my theme more... and they were on sale-- score!)


Well, that is the start of the holiday fun.

Hope you are inspired to get your DECOR on and SING while you make toys in the North Pole...

Like me ;)


Yet tonight, this elf is turning in early ;)

Blessings, XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment